What Is a Shared Relationship Journal?
Journaling is a form of documentation, yes, but it’s also more than that. It’s a way to connect with yourself and reexamine your memories, feelings, and desires. It allows you to address your circumstances with a sense of detachment and clarity that can be invaluable to the healing and growing process. This is why journaling often plays a key role in meditation, dream analysis, and energy healing.
However, one of its lesser-known benefits is the insight it can provide into a relationship. This can be done not just by writing in your own personal diary but through the creation of a shared relationship journal.
The main purpose of a shared relationship journal is the same as any other: it’s a place to collect your thoughts, examine your feelings, and express your desires. But instead of looking solely inward, you are encouraged to look at the relationship ecosystem as a whole. Additionally, this gives you a written record of the things you’re working through, and it provides you with an easy way to revisit what matters most to you and your partner.
How To Use a Shared Relationship Journal
A shared relationship journal can help you mitigate some of the most common issues that couples face, and it allows both parties to keep track of their feelings without having to discuss their issues immediately. Each partner can take time to write down the things that affected them during the week, and then the couple should set time aside to talk about their entries and discuss what, if anything, needs to change.
Discuss What Needs Improvement
It’s important to focus on the positive while still being able to critique any issues that arise. The goal should be to create a safe space where everyone feels heard. Try balancing your discussion of the changes you want to see with moments where you express your appreciation and admiration.
When you’re ready to focus on the changes that need to be made, here are some things to consider:
- Have there been any moments where either of you felt like you weren’t being heard? This is a good opportunity to look at where you have to repeat yourself and where you go into autopilot.
- What is something that you’d like to see less of in the future? It’s unrealistic to think that you can change someone, but it’s also important to speak up when there is behavior that concerns you. Take this time to reflect on what makes you feel uncomfortable or irritated.
- Did anything happen that you don’t fully understand or that you want more clarity on? Sometimes, when confusing things happen in your day-to-day life, you don’t have time to address them right away. While not every discussion can wait, sometimes it can be helpful to return to these conversations with some emotional distance and objectivity.
End on a Positive Note
A shared relationship journal is a great tool for problem-solving, but it should also be used to emphasize where your relationship is at its strongest. It’s important to offer validation and support to your partner in the same way you want to receive it from them.
Here are some things to focus on that can help reinforce your bond:
- Write down your favorite things about your partner as a reminder of what strengthens your relationship. It’s a good idea to keep these things in mind no matter what else you’re working on, especially if your goal is to grow together.
- Make a list of moments when you felt appreciated and special. This does not have to be a spectacular date or grand gesture, though it certainly can be. However, this can include things as simple as filling your car up with gas for you or remembering to get a new food that you wanted to try.
- What is something that you wish you had done better? Is there anything you can take accountability for without being asked to? Sometimes taking the initiative and apologizing from a genuine place goes a long way.
The Benefits of a Shared Relationship Journal
Keep in mind that your relationship doesn’t need to be suffering for you to want to get stronger with the help of a relationship journal. However, if you are looking to repair and heal as a couple, a shared relationship journal is a private, affordable way to kick the process off. Things like couples counseling can be intimidating for a variety of reasons. Luckily, activities that you can do at home can facilitate honesty and vulnerability, helping you prepare to cross that bridge.
Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide what would make a shared relationship journal worthwhile. This can be a way to express fantasies, desires, and other topics that may feel off-limits during normal conversation. Even using the journal’s insight to do the same things in different ways or communicate more deliberately may yield totally different results and change your relationship completely.
If you still feel like you’re struggling, or if you need more guidance, reaching out to get a Love Reading from a professional psychic advisor can shine a light on what is going on and how you can make changes to your relationship.
There’s nothing worse than romantic uncertainty, but you don’t have to navigate the ebbs and flows of love alone. A Love Psychic is always available to help and a Psychic Love Reading is exactly what you need to get your relationship on the path to forever. Learn more about our psychics from real testimonials. For more insight about love and your astrological chart, get your free birth chart report or check out your Weekly Love Horoscope.
About California Psychics:
California Psychics is the most trusted source of psychic readings. We have delivered over 11 million discreet and confidential psychic readings by phone since 1995. More than a prediction, we are your guide for life’s journey. Learn more about how psychic readings work and explore the California Psychics blog. With over 500 psychics online to choose from with real customer reviews, you’re sure to find the best psychics for you. Call one of our trusted and accurate psychics today! Confidential and secure, real psychics, accurate predictions, 100% guaranteed.