Just 6 Easy Steps!
If you’ve called into California Psychics and spoken with someone in Customer Service before, you may have heard us wish you a good reading. Well recently it occurred to me that we should tell you HOW to have a good reading. Have an amazing reading with one of our psychics today!
I sometimes get calls from people trying to set up readings while they are in a loud place, lack privacy, are multitasking or even driving. Sometimes the TV or radio is on. Let me let you in on a (not-so-secret) secret—these things are going to hinder your ability to get a satisfying reading, and hurt your connection to the psychic.
A Psychic Reading is Not a Passive Event
You and your psychic have a special connection and share energy and vibrations between each other. To connect strongly you’ll want to make sure you’re prepared for the exchange. You also need to be focused. Your psychic is focusing 100% of their attention on you, so you should do the same. Before exercising we stretch so we’re flexible and get the most out of our activity—think of preparing for your readings in the same way.
Here are six simple things you can do before and during your reading to make sure you have the best experience possible:
1. Breathe: This is so important, but strangely it’s one of the things so many of us forget to do. Breathing deeply (into your belly if you can) opens up space within you and calms the mind. It drops your energy from your mind to your body, and that makes a huge difference in the quality of your reading. We call them psychic “readings” for a reason. Think of yourself as a book—every thought you have is like words on the page of your mind. The more words on the page, the smaller the type. Give anyone a cluttered page and they’ll have difficulty reading it. Breathing deeply and consciously expands the “page” within you—giving space to see those “words” and allowing the psychic to read you more clearly. It calms you and feels good, too. Breathing is a luxury we can all afford.
2. Be Alone: Having other people in the room (including babies) is a distraction. You should be able to focus all of your attention on your reading. You should also know that the psychics are very sensitive to other people’s energies so nobody else should be in the room with you. If you’re reading outside or in public, pick a peaceful spot like a park, or at least a place without a lot of traffic. When others are around, it’s possible the psychic will pick up on their energy, not yours, so insulate yourself as much as you can.
3. Practice Mindfulness: If you’re waiting for your callback or getting ready to have a reading, take a few minutes beforehand to become what we call, mindful. Mindfulness is a form of meditation that you can do at any time and it basically means, acting on purpose. Each move or action you take is something you plan and execute. For example, when you pick up a glass of water, you’re first focused on reaching for the glass, then on raising it, then on the sip, being aware of each sensation and part of the task as you go along. I like to do dishes or fold laundry prior to my readings, concentrating on executing each action perfectly. When you focus on what you’re doing it quiets the mind. Mindfulness will open you up tremendously for the psychics.
4. Quiet: Remove as much noise as possible from your situation before and during your reading. Turn off televisions, computers and the radio. Don’t read anything. If you must listen to music, make it something instrumental so you don’t key into the lyrics. You want to quiet yourself, too. Don’t talk to people, pets, or yourself for that matter. The key is to stop the language process within so your psychic can tune into your non-verbal side.
5. Eliminate Distractions: While you’re reading, stay focused on the call. It can be tempting to multitask, but stop everything you’re doing when your call comes through. Don’t text (or read them if they come in). Don’t look around the room or out a busy window. You want to keep the waters of your mind as still as possible so your psychic dives as deep as they can into you.
6. Be Open: Be open with the psychic. Many callers (especially newer callers) think of the readings as a game where they get to test their psychic’s abilities as if at a carnival. When you do that, your reading and connection suffers. It’s like locking the door in your mind. The fact is that your reading is more like a dance than anything else. Imagine the psychic as a professional dancer—when you dance with a pro, they make you dance well. They know what they’re doing even if you don’t. But if you drag your feet or hold back, Fred Astaire himself would look like he’s got two left feet dancing with you. It’s important to be open and let the psychic lead. The point is to tap into your situation and in doing so guide you to a better future. Try opening the floodgates of trust with the psychic and you will see how that openness gives you the type of reading you will never forget. An unforgettable reading is just a phone call away. Let one of our Customer Service reps. find your psychic soulmate!
Try these methods and see how much more you can get from your readings! Be sure to tell us about your experience!