Stephanie in Huntington Beach, California writes:
I took channeling classes a year ago and now it seems I am not as intuitive on a daily basis receiving message like I am use to from guides and angels. What is happening?
In response to your question, I kindly offer the statement “use it or lose it!” Your situation is simply a case of not devoting enough time and attention to developing your abilities. At first, psychic development is like any other new skill you embark upon. In the beginning, there is an initial thrill and excitement that often passes when the advanced learning or obstacles begin.
As your abilities increase, more effort is required to excel and keep the learning pace. As a professional psychic, I am fortunate to be using my skills for several hours a day, which keeps me sharp. For those choosing to merely dabble in the metaphysics, you will not see the desired results. Being a psychic is a way of life, a lifestyle that you devote yourself to. Not all of us are born “psychic prodigies” and for a large majority, fostering intuition is necessary.
In the1990 movie “Ghost,” with Demi Moore, Patrick Swayze, and Whoopi Goldberg, we saw an amazing portrayal of channeling that enabled two lovers to reconnect through the use of a physical channel. Often this style of mediumship can be called “possession” and is a more advanced form of mediumship that welcomes an entity to communicate in a very direct manor. A medium’s role is to alter their state of consciousness and awareness to allow the entity to communicate directly with the client. In a channeling session, the medium surrenders, whereby allowing the entity to overtake the person, which is evident in voice patterns and physical mannerisms.
True channeling can be a risky endeavor for the inexperienced due to the firm boundaries required in contacting the unknown. There is however a safe method for exploring channeling, and it is necessary that the person you are inviting is a deceased loved one which you trust, and know well enough to confirm their energetic identity. It can be dangerous inviting unknown entities into your energy field if you are not experienced in spiritual protection and boundaries.
1) Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed. Take a few deep breaths, in through the nose and out through the mouth, and you will begin to feel yourself relaxing. As you exhale, imagine roots sprouting from the bottoms of your feet, as they dig down through the floor and into the ground, connecting you solidly to Earth.
2) Imagine a single beam of white light rising up from the crown of your head and increase the beam into the heavens. This will serve as your beacon, or antenna to locate the person you want to channel.
3) Ask the specific person to come to you, calling them by their full name, as you give them permission to enter into your energy.
4) Waiting patiently, remain quiet and pay attention to how you feel. You may feel a slight shift, or zing. There can be a sudden warmth, or even a cool chill, tingle, or feeling of the hair standing up on the back of your neck. Sometimes you may experience a ringing in your ears, or vibration. The sensations can be different for each person, and are also different for each entity you channel.
5) Because you have invited them into your energy space, you are not communicating with them, you are them! So, rather than communicating externally, all of the work in a channeling session is done internally. What are your thoughts? How do you feel? What emotions are different? Do you see things differently? Are images more vivid, dimmer? Take notes that you will later be able to examine.
6) When you want to end the session, imagine the light at the top of your head diminishing into darkness. Your antenna has been turned off and you are now at peace. You may feel a slight shift upon completion of this exercise, or a minor adjustment as you come back into your body.
Don’t worry if you don’t feel anything at first, for some it takes time. The key to channeling is focus. Most people have difficulties with keeping their focus on one specific topic for any length of time. Our lives are fueled by running from one thing to another, and as a result, our thoughts are in constant motion. The depth of focus and your commitment will determine the result of your success.
Have a psychic workout question for Marin? Ask!