Are you wondering if your personality is affecting your weight? We take a dive in and answer these questions by examining the facts. You may be shocked by what your read.
Will You Gain Weight if You’re Too Caring?
Here we go again, apparently finding yet another reason for women to worry about weight control, dieting, and body image. A widely touted recent study by the American Psychological Association seems to say our personalities may make us have eating issues like obesity or even anorexia. One source hypes the idea that nurturing women are fatter than others because of their caring personalities. Rubbish.
This study report, like all others, is long and packed full of statistics, facts, and jargon. The researchers’ results point at some people being more prone to eating disorders or weight issues because of traits tested in the study. But know this, the researchers put it right out there that it’s a chicken/egg thing. It’s unclear if certain traits predict weight problems, or if weight problems create those traits. Get more personalized advice, contact a psychic today!
This study went along with ideas currently popular in the medical community.
1. Set weight doesn’t seem to have as much impact on health as widely fluctuating weight does. Yo-yo dieting, right?
2. Rapid weight gain, or continuous, significant gain over years is also worrisome and links to serious illnesses.
3. Where you carry weight matters, apparently. Doctors believe certain kinds of fat tissue massed around your waistline are more dangerous to health than weight carried in hips, thighs, or booty, for example.
4. Many things contribute to good health and to weight gain or loss.
5. BMI might not be the be all and end all.
“Your soul is spiritual. Your body is physical. Determine which is most important to you.” – Psychic Agnes ext. 5400
So Do You Have a Fat Personality?
On one hand, we all know lean, mean people whose natures require orderly ultra-discipline. They face a plate of brownies, scoff, and turn to a shot of wheatgrass. They hang out at the gym and happily do everything in calculated moderation. You wouldn’t expect them to have weight issues, and the study saw such people keep steadier weights.
The study found that, though everyone goes through weight fluctuations, people with impulse control issues may gain more weight than disciplined people. Risk-takers and those who tend to be antagonistic, cynical, competitive, or aggressive also seemed more likely to gain weight.
Those of us with those traits give in to temptation when impulses pop up. Lots of times, impulsive people can’t keep on a healthy track or stick to an exercise regiment. People in this group were more vulnerable—warm, excitement seekers living slightly more chaotic lives. The women, kind of emotionally charged, often over-nurtured loved ones and neglected their own needs. The men tended toward anger or hostility. These folks showed up in the group where weight went up and down, faster and more heavily.
Conclusion—Are We Born to be Weight Watchers?
Not likely. The most interesting part of this study is what the researches said about their findings.
• Overweight people may be overweight because of their personalities, or their personalities might change when they worry perpetually about battling weight problems.
• Underweight and overweight people might share similar emotional issues.
• Though this study took place over 50 years and included almost 2,000 people, the study group may not mirror the traits and habits of all people. Well, I could have told you that!
Maybe certain people are more prone to battle the bulge, or it may be that struggling with self-esteem and self-image causes personalities to go one way or another. Is that yet another reason to fret? Who cares? Your best bet for good health is to eat delicious, nutritious, natural food, get up off the couch, and nurture your whole self.
Exclusive offer: New customers can speak to a psychic for ONLY $1 per minute. Select your psychic advisor here.
What worries are weighing you down?
Talk to a psychic to release unnecessary doubt! Call 1.800.573.4830
or choose your psychic now.