15 Ways to Become the Authentic You Again!
Our culture teaches us to hide who we really are. We often give the impression that we’re someone else just to please others. Even Facebook gives us the option to create a virtual personal where we can limit what information is shared with our friends or strangers. Who you see online is not who you see in the mirror. This can lead to jealousy, frustration, regret and even anger. But you have the power to turn things around and start being authentic. Here are 15 solid tips, reminders, anecdotes and motivational thoughts to get you started:
1. Go without makeup! Men actually prefer a natural-looking face to a made-up one, so skip the primer, concealer, foundation and powder if you dare!
2. Live the life you want to live, starting now!
3. Go back to school or get a new degree in a subject that interests you.
4. Get a job that makes you happy, not one that just pays the bills.
5. Say what’s on your mind. Stop filtering your true feelings, but do try not to hurt others in the process.
Learn to focus on the problem at hand with tips from Psychic Spencer ext. 5643.
6. Write a “Bucket List” and do everything on it.
7. Be honest with yourself. Say the truth out loud in the mirror. If you don’t like what you see or hear, do something about it. Don’t just complain and blame others.
8. Find out what is stopping you from becoming the real you and handle that roadblock.
9. Make a vision board that reflects the fake you and the real you. Examine these two versions of yourself. What do you think about them? What are you going to do to make them more in sync?
10. Ryan Seacrest mentioned a great saying he heard, “Stop comparing your backstage life to other people’s front stage life.” In other words, when you see how great other people’s lives are going, you may feel inferior. But, you have no idea what kind of drama is going on behind closed doors.
11. Love yourself. Love yourself. Love yourself. Keep on loving yourself and eventually it will become easy and habitual. If you hate yourself, you perpetuate that bad energy. I learned this from reading Stephen R. Covey’s The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. A man said that he didn’t know what to do because he didn’t love his wife anymore. The therapist said, “Well, love her. If you keep committing acts of love with her and for her, the love will grow.”
12. If you don’t even know who the real you is anymore, try doing the opposite of everything you usually do. I saw this in an episode of Seinfeld. The character, George Costanza decides to do and say the opposite of everything he usually does because his instincts are usually wrong. He is floored by the positive results. The best part is when he walks up to a model-like woman in the diner and says that he is “unemployed and lives with his parents.” She immediately smiles and introduces herself as Victoria, instead of blowing him off.
“Find your center and comfort of Self in meditation.” – Psychic TeriLynn ext. 9625
13. Think of the Nike slogan, “Just Do It.” Stop over-analyzing and pre-planning and just go for it. Stop wasting precious time mulling over details in your head. Act before the opportunity passes.
14. Start fresh. Create a clean slate for yourself in some way. You could buy a whole new wardrobe, get a makeover, go on a vacation by yourself to get away and reflect, write a book about the past, do some spring cleaning and donate stuff, start going to the gym, change jobs, move to a different neighborhood or anything else that will give you a new experience and outlook.
15. Learn to value the real you. Love the parts of your authentic self and give yourself permission to be open.
Becoming authentic should be a rewarding, exhilarating and eye-opening experience. Enjoy every moment. See which family, friends, coworkers and acquaintances in your life recognize this shift and support you. Value these connections because they are people who are willing to grow with you because they love you deeper than any mask you don. If you are not sure where to start or how to take that first step, call a psychic to guide you into and through this important life journey.
Learn what good lies ahead during a life path reading from Psychic Chastity ext. 5403!