What Happens When You
If you have experienced emotional pain in your life, then you know how difficult it can be to carry out your normal daily tasks with the weight from the pain bearing down on your heart. This pain can be caused by another person, and it can also be self-inflicted. Holding onto guilt, resentment or anger towards yourself or another person that has caused you pain can lead to mental and physical problems later in your life, and is unhealthy.
It is important to release this pain from your mind in order to release it from your body, which is accomplished through forgiveness. If you still harbor negative thoughts or feelings about a situation that caused you pain in your life, it is helpful to try different forgiveness techniques and methods so that you can begin to heal your mind, heart and ultimately your spirit.
When you are finally able to forgive yourself and others, you will be able to experience the many healing and health benefits that forgiveness creates. These healing benefits include:
• Greater sense of joy and pleasure in life experiences
• Deeper sense of connection with the spiritual realm
• Increase in energy throughout the day
• Increase in cognitive functioning
• More restful sleep
• Decreased anxiety
Although forgiveness takes time, certain techniques may help you speed up the process. While you may not always forget the hurtful act, forgiveness allows you to once again feel in control of your emotions. It’s important to keep in mind that everyone is different,and certain forgiveness techniques will speak to you more than others. Don’t worry if you experience a resurgence of anxiety if you feel yourself slipping back into feelings of guilt, resentment or anger. This is just the way your mind and body are processing the pain, and is a recognizable step on your path to forgiveness. If you begin to feel this anxiety, practice these helpful methods for refocusing your mind on achieve forgiveness:
• Write down everything you can think of that you are grateful for in your life. Shifting your thoughts from resentment to gratitude changes your thought patterns and allows you to see situations in a new way. You might even realize how other positive, and even spectacular events have happened as a result of the unwanted, painful experience. This can help you see all situations as blessings and can enable you to find forgiveness within yourself.
• Get busy. Sitting around dwelling on experiences of the past is never beneficial and can hinder your ability to fully forgive yourself and others. When remembering past events, it is easy to mix emotions into memories to create a skewed vision. This altered memory of the past can spike resentful feelings inside you and can prevent you from experiencing forgiveness. There are many ways to keep yourself busy, such as going for a walk or run, doing some spring cleaning, volunteering in your community, writing in a journal or taking a class at a community college.
Exclusive offer: New customers can speak to a psychic for ONLY $1 per minute. Select your psychic advisor here.
How can you find more spiritual peace?
Talk to a psychic and find out how they can help. Call 1.800.573.4830
or choose your psychic now.