Rescuing that Damsel in Success
Men used to desire the “damsel in distress,” but now many of them want to win over the “damsel in success!” Since a modern woman can be committed to herself more than a romantic relationship, a man really has to put his best foot forward to stand a chance at winning over this independent woman. Here are five essential rules for men who want to date modern women:
1. Be an Active Planner. The modern woman has a tight schedule, so YOU need to be flexible and always communicate your plans clearly. Ask when she is available, schedule your dates, and then confirm your plans prior to each meeting. Of course, avoid showing up late or unannounced, and I advise you never try to “wing it.” Modern women expect, and greatly appreciate, a well-executed plan.
2. Be Visibly Responsible. The modern woman is extremely responsible and has many goals she intends to reach, so she probably will not desire a man who wants her to take care of him in the conventional sense. From the beginning of your relationship, show her that you are self-sufficient and have long-term potential. For example, mention your substantial retirement fund, discuss your home-buying priorities, or share your vacation travel plans. Show her that you have your life together and that you intend to accomplish your own goals in this lifetime, preferably with a reliable partner such as herself. This type of conversation will bring her closer to you when she discovers you have a similar drive and dedication to success.
“People we attract into our life are reflections of who we are, therefore become first what it is you want to attract.” – Rivers ext. 5273
3. Be Supportive to a Healthy Extent. The modern woman has many educational, career, and recreational goals, so make sure you help her reach these goals in some way. This does not mean you have to fund or participate in her activities; it means you should take interest in, listen to, and observe her various undertakings. Be her cheerleader! However, be careful that you are not so supportive that you interfere with her work or distract her from her personal missions in life.
4. Be Open-Minded About Family. Sometimes, the modern woman is not traditional because she may not desire marriage and/or children, at least anytime soon. You may need to be okay with the idea of spending a life with her without walking down the aisle or raising young ones anytime soon. The modern woman may even be a sort of black sheep in her family: many modern women rebel against what their families want them to do so they can pursue their dreams to the fullest extent. Don’t be surprised if family isn’t as important to her as higher education, work promotions, traveling the world, or perfecting her talents. However, if you support her in these other areas, you still have a chance at being quite important to her.
5. Be the Perfect Fit. Show her how nicely you fit into her life and that moving forward in a relationship with you will not hold her back. The modern woman focuses her attention on developing in her education, career, travel, hobbies, and more. Thus, you should experience, or want to experience, equally respectable life goals. In fact, her diligence may even inspire you to take on ambitions you never thought you would.
As a modern woman myself, I know that a man will not fit into my life unless he is communicative about our plans, responsible and diligent like me, supportive of my goals, willing to have kids when I am ready, and not intimidated by my overall togetherness. If you want to date a modern woman, you need to present yourself as a modern man. And a modern man is one that is not intimidated by a success-driven woman; instead, he is inspired by her and embraces the challenge to support his lovely powerhouse of a woman.
“Make a plan to find this person, brainstorm all the available options, and then decide what you will do each week to move toward the goal.” – Blythe ext. 5339
Exclusive offer: New customers can speak to a psychic for ONLY $1 per minute. Select your psychic advisor here.