Let Go to Find Happiness!
We are moving in a very fast paced world these days, and if we aren’t careful, it’s much too easy to get stuck! It’s hard to know when you yourself are stuck; however, a few clues or symptoms are: you feel confused about “what to do,” and no matter how you try to make yourself think about “moving forward” away from the person, place or thing that’s holding you back from being happy… you still go right back to the old behaviors.
One popular definition of “insanity” is to keep going back to the same thing, doing the same thing, over and over and somehow expecting a different result. Once you realize in your intelligential mind that some thing, some place, or SOMEONE, is bad for you, how can you make yourself let go and move forward? Use these five steps!
1. Clearly simply knowing something is bad for you is not enough. You need to gather the evidence and the proof. I will write down the things that I KNOW for sure, events, situations, moments and the way they made me feel in that moment. If it applies, then perhaps asking your friends and loved ones to supply their notes or moments for your “proof” box. Get a box or container and gather these.
2. In order to “let go” of something, it helps us to “see” what will take that place. So come up with ideas of what to do with your time, how you can use the space, or what you will do differently ONCE that negative energy is gone from your life. I like to decorate the outside of that “letting go” box with these things, but I’m an artsy-crafty kinda gal. You can make a list, or whatever allows you to compare them.
3. Now is the deeper work of deciding HOW to best take action. What do YOU need to do, buy, create, say, to move the game piece forward on this? You need to sit down and come up with three to five solid steps to take, and the timelines of when to take them; it will then start to become “doable.” Now commit to yourself the date you WILL take the first step. Mark that on your calendar, and remember to keep actively reviewing this process and your calendar with updates for the next steps.
4. Stay honest with yourself. Stay on the deadlines you create… if you cannot do that, then it’s time to admit that you cannot control this aspect of your life, and seek the help or counsel of someone that can help you to face up to this change.
5. Don’t be afraid of conflict or emotion. Avoiding those can keep you stuck, and being stuck can be like being in a jail cell which you yourself created!
Most of all, love yourself, and remember that you deserve to be happy, and that you are the one that creates your life, and no one can hurt you without your permission! It’s time to change!
“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi
Exclusive offer: New customers can speak to a psychic for ONLY $1 per minute. Select your psychic advisor here.
5 thoughts on “5 Steps to Letting Things Go”
Great article, Yemaya…..
All good tips…..but I especially liked tip # 5.
And don’t be afraid to let go of those who consistently waste your precious time, energy, and resources…in other words, don’t ” give yourself away ” to those who cannot appreciate you or your efforts.
Blessed Be )O(
Gina Rose ext.9500
i need help Yemaya, but I can’t afford to speak with you very long. I in need of your expert help. Blessings
Thank you for your suggestions on how to move foreward. I know certain aspects of my life no loonger meet my needs or fulfill me It is time for me to move forward I have some ideas on how to approach this new chapter in my life
thank you so much i really needed to see this today. i will save this and keep reading it til i get it right. again thank you!
Blessings to you!
Thank you for this timely post. Just the message I needed today for affirmation of my devotion.
May the world be a better place because of it.