When Men Get Dumped and Lose the Plot
When men face rejection they can say some of the craziest things. Rejection is a jagged pill to swallow in most all relationships. Some guys choke it down with a bottle of formaldehyde. Others ignore her request to leave her alone completely (at least until the court order goes through). Then there is that small portion of men who find themselves in denial. They will either fall into a blubbering pile of goo, or spit the pill back in the face of the women who dealt it. These are just some of the things men say, in order to save face after receiving the old heave-ho. Does it work? Well, I’ll let you be the judge.
1. “She said she wanted a separation. I was horrified, and I said, you want me to wear a condom!”
― (Jarod Kintz, excerpt from This Book Title is Invisible)
Some guys feign dumb in hopes that the situation will blow over. They figure that if they refuse to accept the rejection, it may never come to pass.
2. “I asked her if she’d give me all her love, and she flatly said no. I got excited because while she said she wouldn’t give me all her love, she said nothing about not wanting to give me some of her love.”
― (Jarod Kintz, excerpt from This Book Has No Title)
To some men, the word “no” does not always mean no. It means maybe a bit later, as was obviously the case in this next quote. Want to find out where to find real romance? Psychic Lucy ext. 5353 can help! Get personalized advice, contact a psychic today!
3. “In the seven years I begged Mr. (X) to let me be your science partner, I suggested you come over around five times. Each time you said no, I did our project—all of it. In year eight I sent you three valentine cards, candy and roses. I tried to be romantic. You gave those roses to somebody else and threw the cards away. In year nine at the school disco I asked to dance with you. You said ‘yes, give me five minutes, I need to go to the toilet.’ I waited for you to get back from the toilet for two hours; you never came back. In year 10, I bought us tickets to go and see your favorite band. You said thanks, took them off me and went with your friend. And now in year eleven I’m confessing all this, on Facebook, where everyone can see, to show that actually, sometimes boys are di***, but sometimes it’s the girls.”
— (Excerpt from Facebook. All names have been held to protect the innocent and pathetic.)
I truly feel sorry for this guy. However, in that same gesture of heartfelt sympathy, I also think he may be due for a little psychological evaluation.
4. “Why Not?”
— (Joe Schmoe)
For those who are quite bold, a simple no, will just never suffice. These guys need to receive insight on exactly what it is about them that makes you gag until a little barf comes up. Unfortunately, once you tell him the truth, he’ll probably get angry and retaliate, as was the case with this next quote.
5. He: “Thank you, I was only checking to see if you had good taste in men.”
She: “I guess I do.”
He: “Well, you do have a great body, and that makes up for a lot of other things. Have a good day.”
— (Mr. Jilted-One-Too-Many-Times)
Some of a man’s worst dates surface from a woman’s inability to just say, Get lost the moment she realizes that any more effort will be a lost cause. He forgets this, and ends up looking like a jerk. He has now blacklisted himself from every girl who will overhear this story. It is so much better to accept defeat graciously and look like the good guy in the process. One burnt bridge can start a wildfire, leaving a guy stranded in Datelessville.
6. “I don’t know how you could know that after the first date. I don’t know if we are a match either. But I wanted to get to know you. But no problem.”
— (A phone text from a lawyer after being rejected for a second date)
(… 30 minutes go by)
“And by the way, I think it’s your loss. I am an amazing guy and would have done anything for you.”
(The next day)
“Hey Buddy! Sorry I missed your calls. I am just finishing up in court. Rushing to my office for a 2:30 meeting. I saw the Avengers with her yesterday. She is ok. She is cute but not hot. I have dated much hotter girls. She is a 5.5 out of 10 (average). I wanted to get to know her more though but she sent me a message saying she didn’t think there was a connection. Can you believe? I was even super nice to her. Average chicks are the ones who always act like they are God’s gift. Anyway, I am going out with Nancy tonight. About to jump on the subway. Talk to you later bro.”
(An hour later, after realizing he just sent this text to the girl he went out with…)
“Hey C******! I’m very sorry! I just saw this. I meant to send this to a friend but mistakenly sent it to you. It is not about you at all. It is not about you. It is about someone else. I hope you are doing well.”
“Trust is so important in relationships and it can be a deal breaker when trust has been broken.” – Psychic Deejay ext. 5435
And now we turn the stage over to you, our good readers. We want to hear about some of your own crazy guy rejection stories.