Being a single woman in today’s world can be a time of great personal growth, heart-wrenching loneliness and supreme happiness, not to mention utter annoyance at the sheer number of frogs you have to kiss in search of your prince. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of this special, frustrating, exhilarating time in your life:
1. Enjoy your alone time. Relish the freedom that comes with being single. In a relationship, you have to take the other person’s needs and feelings into account when making decisions. So while it’s just you, fill your time and life with activities that make your heart thump.
2. Be realistic about what a relationship can add to your life. It’s easy to imagine that your life will be perfect as soon as you meet your knight in shining armor. All your troubles will magically disappear and you two will live happily every after. But the trouble is, life isn’t a fairy tale. Yes, a man can add great joy to your life, but expecting one to solve all your problems seems like an awful lot to ask, wouldn’t you agree?
3. Understand that you want a boyfriend — you don’t need a boyfriend. When you feel like you need to be in a relationship before you can be happy, you automatically put a ton of pressure on every man you meet. Men can sense the neediness and desperation a mile away.
4. Relax about being single. Ever wonder why men suddenly find you irresistible the second you start seeing someone new? You’ve taken away that pressure, and your energy can then flow more freely and attract others to you.
5. Accept where you are. You are exactly where you’re supposed to be. Your being single serves a purpose in the grand scheme of your life. Perhaps you still need to change certain beliefs you hold about love, or maybe your guy just isn’t ready for you yet. Were you to meet him now, he wouldn’t be able to give you what you deserve.
6. Give yourself permission to stay home every now and then. You shouldn’t feel like you have to go out even when you feel utterly exhausted just in case He’s there. Everyone needs downtime to relax and replenish their energy.
7. Don’t wait to live your life. If you’ve always wanted to spend a summer in Italy or take up sailing, don’t put those activities on hold until you meet someone. You never know, whatever calls you may be precisely where you’ll meet that special someone.
8. Try not to obsess about your ex too much. When you feel lonely, your mind often goes back to thinking about your last relationship. While doing this can give you wisdom and understanding, not letting go of your ex will prevent you from finding the very thing to help you get over him: someone new.
9. Get to the root of why you’re single. Psychologists, therapists and other life improvement resources can work wonders at helping you uncover your unconscious beliefs that have been holding you back.
10. Don’t view your single status as a bad thing. Maybe you need this time to grow, heal, or focus on another aspects of your life.
11. Make yourself vulnerable to love. Opening up your heart can be very scary, so much so that you’ll sometimes avoid it altogether to spare yourself anxiety or pain. But only when you step outside your comfort zone will you get what you really want.
12. Keep your priorities in check. If meeting someone is high on your priority list, dedicate a percentage of your time each week to being in situations where potential suitors abound.
13. Flirt away. Use your single time to hone your flirting skills and strengthen your feminine powers. Flirting lets potential mates know you’re available and interested. When in doubt, smile.
14. Get the next meeting. When you meet someone you like, figure out a reason to see him again. Let him know where you’ll be that night and suggest that he stop by. Give him your card and tell him to let you know the next time he volunteers at that dog adoption fair or takes that special hiking trail.
15. Consult a psychic. Psychic readings can prevent you from unnecessarily going down the wrong path, give you much-needed clarity about what to do next, or confirm what you’ve been thinking all along. Take advantage of this valuable resource.
Are you seeking clarity? Get a psychic reading! Call 1.800.573.4830
or click here