You’ve just attended your umpteenth glamorous wedding this summer. It made you long for one of your own. Now that you’re over thirty, the social pressure to hurry up and get paired up feels like a noose – but you genuinely want a relationship.
It’s time to stop whining that all the good men are gay, married or taken. Shake up your dating habits and get your man or woman!
1. Online Dating: If you haven’t tried this you may want to get yourself back out there digitally. New sites are popping up all the time. Try different interests on different sites; don’t just stick with the same pool of men over and over.
2. Set-Ups: Your mother’s best friend knows a single guy who would be just perfect for you. Stop resisting and go on the date. Even if he’s not for you, use it as practice to send out positive, open dating energy into the universe.
3. Ask a Guy Out: You’ve been flirting with the same guy for months but he hasn’t asked you out, take the next step. He may not have known you were actually interested in him.
4. Overdrinking: Cut back on that alcohol intake during social outings. You will be able to remember more of the activities and gain confidence in your speaking skills. Your body will thank you later!
5. Overthinking: Stop checking boxes off in your head and start living. Men are not something you order at a husband warehouse. You have to be open to exploring men from different professions and races.
6. Excuses: Using your busy professional career as an excuse for avoiding a personal life is no longer an excuse. In this economy, there’s few workplaces that are loyal to you, so make sure you take care of your mental and emotional well-being. Creating a life outside of work and flirting is a good way to keep your life in balance.
7. Giving Everyone a First Date: The “rule” is that everyone gets a first date, and each decade you add to that – so in your 30s, that means that everyone gets two. Throw that rule out the window right now, because if the first date is like watching paint dry, why waste your time trying to make something work that isn’t?
8. Passion Delay: If you’ve been waiting to travel somewhere, or take a course because you don’t have a partner, why? It’s time to take those adventures and passions of all sizes and pursue them. Wouldn’t you rather spend time with someone who has exciting life experiences then someone who is waiting for you to make them happen for them?
9. Sex Rules: Well, good sex does rule, but in this case, I’m talking about sleeping with a man on the first date. That’s the surefire way to get an STD but not make a one-night stand into a lasting relationship.
10. Living in a Fantasy: While books and movies paint a beautiful image of how romance should be, men in the real world have bills to pay just like we do. If you dismiss men with a glance, you will never get that glass slipper. Let go of your preconceptions – get out there and get flirting!
What rules would you add – and then break?
What’s in store for your love life?
Get a psychic reading to find out. Call 1.800.573.4830
or Choose Your Psychic