In Need of a Refresh
We’ve all had those days when we sat down at our
computers and noticed that they’re not running well. Maybe they’re just slow or
completely unresponsive. We all know, however, the one trick that will get
things running smoothly again, a reset. This is something that we can also
apply to our lives when we feel as if we have become too bogged down in old,
outdated thoughts and ways.
The end of the year is a fabulous time to re-evaluate
and reset our own lives. There are many ways that we can achieve this, some are
easy, while others may take a bit more effort, but it is well worth it in the
long run. So, without further ado let’s jump into some ways you can reset your
Honesty is the Best Policy
The first thing you need to do is be honest with yourself about what parts of your life you need to focus on. This is not always easy, but in order to have the most optimal outcome, we have to look at ourselves and our shortcomings with clear eyes.
The first thing to do is to think about where we need a reset. Is it physical, spiritual, social, or emotional? Where does each of our lives feel like they’re mediocre or falling short of our ideals? Maybe it’s our friendships and other relationships or perhaps our homes feel a bit too cluttered? With the holidays upon us, maybe we haven’t been making healthy eating choices, or we’ve been letting our exercise routines slip? Or we’ve come to the realization that our current job hasn’t been fulfilling us and are longing for something new? In order to initiate the change we have to be aware of what is no longer serving our higher selves, so be honest.
The Steps to a Reset
- Now that we have determined where to focus our energy, it is time to ENVISION the life that we want to be living. This is a powerful tool that is often overlooked or waved away as “wishful thinking.” How can we know what our goals are if we can’t envision living them? Start with the Big Picture and then move on to the fine details and steps that will need to be taken to turn visions into tangible truth.
- Setting clear GOALS is the next step in our journey to resetting our lives. Keeping a journal can prove quite useful at this juncture. Give each step its own page and outline what will be needed to attain each benchmark. Include sections on potential obstacles that may be encountered on the road to success.
- Start with SMALL STEPS. Start with things that can immediately be put into effect. Not only will this get us from the thinking to the doing stage, but it is also a great morale booster when immediate changes are visible. Remember, we all had to start at the beginning. Implement rewards and incentives when more motivation is needed.
- We need to LET GO of the things that no longer bring joy into our lives. Life is full of things that we don’t particularly enjoy, some we have to deal with, but others we have the ultimate say on whether they continue to have power over us and our happiness. If something in life brings stress or is joyless, and it is within our power to change it, then change it! We deserve lives that are worth living.
- SURROUND yourself with uplifting people. Even introverts have times when we need to be around people, but we know that not all people are going to be good for us. Having even a couple of people that are supportive can make the stressors of the day seem lighter and make life pleasurable.
- Next is to DECLUTTER our environment. We all have items that we cling to even though they are no longer of use or relevance. Part of resetting our lives is resetting our thought process and what we place value on. Take a look around and start simplifying the space.
- Redefining our COMFORT ZONE. If we want a changed life, then we must be willing to step out of the boxes that we keep ourselves in. Try taking a different path to work or the store. Pick up a new hobby, get involved with local groups, or read books that challenge our perspectives on the world, just to name a few.
New, and a Bit Alarming
Sometimes our lives change
unexpectedly, and that can overwhelm us. Emotional shock following a stressful
event can challenge our stability and make us feel as if we are in freefall. Being
kind to ourselves during this time is paramount. Although a reset may be difficult,
we can navigate it using these steps. We must allow ourselves to freely move
through the various emotions that may occur and know that there will be an end
to the upheaval. There, we will find a new, if unexpected, life waiting for us
on the other side.
Want to build a better future? A life path reading with one of our talented life path psychics can tell you where you’re headed. And if you don’t like where you’re headed, your life path psychic can steer you down a better path.
Find a life path psychic or learn more about a life path reading.
About California Psychics
California Psychics is the most trusted source of psychic readings. We have delivered over 11 million discreet and confidential psychic readings by phone since 1995. More than a prediction, we are your guide for life’s journey. Learn more about how psychic readings work and explore the California Psychics blog. With over 500 psychics online to choose from with real customer reviews, you’re sure to find the best psychics for you. Call one of our trusted and accurate psychics today! Confidential and secure, real psychics, accurate predictions, 100% guaranteed.