What is a Karmic Relationship?
Some of the most powerful connections we can make are Karmic ones. Karmic relationships hit fast and hard, oftentimes at first glance, and leave us off balance and doubting ourselves. Although all relationships that we enter into teach us something about ourselves, the intensity of a karmic relationship can do as much harm as it does good. The direction it will ultimately take is dependent on how we navigate the relationship and how soon we realize the type of relationship we are in.
The Purpose of and How a Karmic Relationship Comes About
The reason we enter into a karmic relationship is twofold: A) To break the cycles of bad behavior from past lifetimes, and B) To learn how to heal any carried over damage so that we can move forward unencumbered.
Sanam Hafeez, PsyD, neuropsychologist and faculty member at Columbia University states that many people confuse a soulmate with a karmic relationship but that they are two very different things. “People often confuse karmic partners with soulmates, and they aren’t the same,” says Hafeez. “Karmic relationships teach you about the world and others, whereas your soulmates help you learn your self-worth,” she says. Sometimes we are the ones who need to learn the lessons, and other times we are there so that our partner learns them.
8 Signs You’re in a Karmic Relationship
- The connection is overwhelming and immediate- You can’t deny the attraction and even though you might be cautioning yourself to take things slowly, you just can’t.
- They do not respect your boundaries- As their needs come first, they will often disregard your needs, limits, and boundaries. No matter how many times you try to tell them, or explain why you have boundaries, they never listen and continue to disrespect them and you.
- They often have co-dependent tendencies- A co-dependent relationship is when one partner needs the other partner, who in turn, needs to be needed. It creates a vicious and damaging cycle that can be hard to break.
- It is one-sided- The energy balance isn’t equitable. One side is always giving of themselves: their time, effort, and energy while the other always takes.
- The relationship only lasts for a short period of time- Due to the insanely hot connection and energy, these relationships usually only last for a short period of time, but the intensity makes up for the duration.
- It can feel addicting- The adrenaline and dopamine rush that a Karmic relationship brings about can be very addicting. The constant pull and push can create a positive feedback loop that we can’t easily walk away from.
- The relationship is hot and cold/off and on- You are a couple, then you aren’t, rinse and repeat. You know that you need to break away and are able to pull back for a while before being lured back in. Or they withdraw their love and approval until you toe the line before they come back.
- They are control freaks and stubborn- It’s their way or the highway. They won’t take your input seriously and will often make you feel as if your contribution is unwanted, frivolous, or not respected.
How to Walk Away from a Karmic Relationship
As with any relationship that
is toxic, the first step in breaking free is recognizing the situation for what
it is. Many times, friends and family can see the truth of our relationships
that we are blind to. Listen to your loved ones with an open mind if they
express their concerns. No one likes hearing that they may have made a wrong
choice, but if more than one person is expressing similar fears, then there may
be something more to it than just jealousy or lack of understanding.
From personal experience, I know that for me, the first step was finally viewing myself as worthy and important in my own right. To both literally and figuratively stand up straight and like the person in the mirror. Start by recognizing your own importance and treat yourself gently with love and respect.
Also, recognize that you have learned some important lessons about yourself and what you ultimately need and want to thrive. Give yourself plenty of time after the relationship ends to get to know this version of yourself.
If it’s Not Love, Let it Go
Love. That heady, crazy emotion that ties us to each other should be a positive force in our lives, not a negative one. Recognizing the type of relationship and whether or not they are affirming is the important first step in either avoiding or leaving negative dynamics.
Love should enhance our lives, never detract from
There’s nothing worse than romantic uncertainty, but you don’t have to navigate the ebbs and flows of love alone. A love psychic is always available to help and a psychic love reading is exactly what you need to get your relationship on the path to forever.
Learn more about our psychics from real testimonials. For more insight about love and your astrological chart, get your free birth chart report or check out your weekly love horoscope.
About California Psychics
California Psychics is the most trusted source of psychic readings. We have delivered over 11 million discreet and confidential psychic readings by phone since 1995. More than a prediction, we are your guide for life’s journey. Learn more about how psychic readings work and explore the California Psychics blog. With over 500 psychics online to choose from with real customer reviews, you’re sure to find the best psychics for you. Call one of our trusted and accurate psychics today! Confidential and secure, real psychics, accurate predictions, 100% guaranteed.
3 thoughts on “Intense Connections: Signs You’re in a Karmic Relationship”
You say I am in a karmic relationship, I am really happy that I am where I am,after 25years I cannot agree with you
Had karmic relationship.He broke it off “gently”.leaving room to come back. Would like him back, but then I dont. I refused his offers ,never did more than talk on phone.Because I not do more he call it off.Hard getting him out of my head.but I will.
Not all karmic relationships are of a sexual nature. A lot are familial, sometimes just friends, and/ or co-workers. Sometimes complete strangers. But most seem to be toxic in one way or another.