Improve Your Heart Rating!
In the article Lost and Lonely on Valentine’s Day, we looked at how to deal with loneliness. Now, let’s focus on how to create a plan to make a better situation in your life for finding love. Here’s a few solutions to questions you might be asking yourself.
1. How do I make a plan to change? I have many clients who say that they think about changing their patterns, but never actually get around to it!
Solution: You can write out your schedule and ideas, chat with a good friend about it, or your favorite psychic! Or simply sit down with your datebook, telephone numbers, and your phone. Figure out what needs to happen to get a start now, this week.
2. I’m afraid that no one will like me… If no one’s been attracted to me on their own, or if my previous relationships were not so great, does that me I’m unlovable?
Solution: We ALL feel this way, darlings! Self-esteem issues abound when we are single. Work to sidestep negative thoughts, as they do you no good at all. If you want to look at it, simply look at the situation as a way to improve” your lovability rating!
3. How do I do figure out what to work on? What behaviors or attitudes might “need improvement to attract love?”
Solution: Start by getting away from self bashing, take the approach that every single person has “issues” that need some work in order to socialize and attract love. Which ones you choose to work on can be based on your own self knowledge or past experiences. Have all your exes told you something about your behavior? Is there something you do or have done that you felt bad about doing when that behavior came up in old relationships?
4. Back to step one! Do I need to use that information in the creation of my “plan”?
Solution: Yes. Meeting new people isn’t the time to try and work on behavior changes, so it’s a great idea to practice new attitudes and behaviors with loved ones first, family and friends. Once you feel you’ve really begun to change those old habits, it’s time to start to practice in a new situation!
5. ACK! There are just too many things I want to change!
We’ll skip RIGHT to the solution: Avoid being over critical of yourself. You’re not trying to perfect or completely change who you are! Love will find you just as you are when you are truly open to it. The goal here is to work on being the best you can be without major overhauls! Addressing one or two things will help you to feel ready, and that helps you to flirt, keep eye contact, and smile… and that will attract love!