What is a Growth Mindset?
It is the belief that you can develop and improve the
abilities you were born with just by dedicating yourself and working on them. The
healthy benefits of thinking more positively are infinite. The phrase, “I think
I can” applies to adults as much as it does to kids.
Here we will explore why it’s important to think positively, and
not negatively, so you can turn your powerful mind into your staunchest ally as
it propels you forward to attain what you most want in life. Let’s begin with
learning how to think this, not that, and how to change your mindset to a
Growth vs. Fixed Mindsets
A fixed mindset is just about how it sounds; a mind that is
stuck in one way of thinking. It usually is quite stubborn and unyielding and
can’t hear the truth when it’s spoken. It doesn’t believe it can learn, grow, improve,
and develop. It is frequently quite negative, filled with painful insecurity,
and a sense of doom, with a litany of miserable thoughts like, “I can’t do
that.” “I’m no good.” “I’m a failure at everything I try to do.”
A growth mindset will opt for the positive belief that if it
doesn’t know how to do something, it can learn how! It trusts itself and has
faith enough to give itself the time it needs to improve, and it will persevere
until it gets where it intends to go. It will generate thoughts like, “I can do
that if I really try.” “I’m good enough, and I know I can get better.” “Failure
does not define me. I just have to keep at it, and I will get there!”
How to Develop a Growth Mindset
Decide you are aiming for the positive and that you will
persist, persevere, and hang in there until you achieve it. It may not be easy,
and it may take time, but it will prove well worth it. A tiny little decision
to say “yes” to yourself and your positive growth mindset can work like a charm.
Your subconscious mind hears everything you say, so tell it what you want it to
help you attain. It will go straight to work to do just that. Also, remember
that little word, “yet.” It can do wonders to flip negative thinking when you let
it, “I don’t know how to do that, yet.” “I’m not where I want to be, yet.”
“I haven’t gotten what I want, yet.”
This vs. That
To give you a running head start, we’ve prepared a “How to
Think More Positively,” or a “This vs. That,” chart to assist you in reframing
thoughts from negative to positive (I think I can!). Feel free to write your own chart and
substitute your thoughts and desires to make it yours.
The Chorus of Darkness and Pain
- I don’t matter.
- There’s no point in my being here on Earth.
- Why don’t I just die?
- People would be better off without me.
- It never gets any better and it never will.
- Look at so and so; they have everything I wanted.
- I feel tired, sick, and broke.
- I’m worthless.
- I’m hopeless.
The Chorus of Light and Joy
- I matter very much.
- There’s a reason I was born. I have a purpose, and if I don’t know what it is, the Universe will reveal it to me.
- I want to live and see what good stuff life still holds for me.
- I am needed and loved.
- I believe it is getting better now because everything works together for my highest good.
- What can I learn from those who have done well in life? How can I emulate them and attain what I want?
- I won’t always feel or be this way. When I feel better, I’ll do better. I trust that somehow, someway, I will always have enough money. After all, I’ve gotten this far. I’ll get to where I want to be.
- I know pain lies. I know I have value. I am worthwhile and I deserve all the good stuff life has to give. I accept and receive my good now!
- I may feel this way now, but I will eat something nourishing, get some sleep, and talk to folks who believe in me, and my hope will return like the rising sun.
The Future is Yours
You are the director, writer, singer, actor, dancer, and star of the movie of your life. You can be anything you want. What do you really want to be? What new role do you want to play? What new song will you let yourself sing? Write it all down and let your mindset grow and flourish as you witness your new life coming to full fruition.
Want to build a better future? A life path reading with one of our talented life path psychics can tell you where you’re headed. And if you don’t like where you’re headed, your life path psychic can steer you down a better path.
Find a life path psychic or learn more about a life path reading.
About California Psychics
California Psychics is the most trusted source of psychic readings. We have delivered over 6 million discreet and confidential psychic readings by phone since 1995. More than a prediction, we are your guide for life’s journey. Serenity, happiness, and success are just a phone call away. With over 400 psychics online to choose from, you’re sure to find the best psychics for you. Call one of our trusted and accurate psychics today! Confidential and secure, real psychics, accurate predictions, 100% guaranteed.