Sally in Wisconsin writes,
I have had a difficult time with dating and have not found anyone that meets my standards. I tend to think back to my first love and wonder if he was the one that got away, and if I can bring him back. Do you have any advice on how my spirit guides can assist in bringing me a perfect companion?
Psychic Marin ext. 5113 replies:
If it helps, you’re not alone, Sally. Many people are lonely souls looking and longing for affection and a life-long partner. Perhaps your life is “perfect” except that it might be one important factor – LOVE. You can bring a little, or a lot, of love into your life by writing and sending a specially crafted love letter.
When you first stumbled upon this article, you may have continued reading while you had in mind a specific someone you wanted to attract: a high school sweetheart or new online acquaintance. If you want to proceed while focused on a specific person, first ask yourself, “Is my request realistic?” Is he already married? Do you really think Brad Pitt will come after you? Do you have any personal connection or link to this specific person that will make this union feasible? How do you plan on connecting with this individual, and how will the reality of this relationship unfold? Does this person have your e-mail, phone number, or contact information? If not, accept the reality that this exercise will likely be unsuccessful.
I strongly recommend that you perform this exercise without focusing on someone specific. Although it is certainly permissible to focus your love-drawing technique on a specific person, it’s my experience and belief that this exercise will be more successful if you’re focusing on attracting qualities in an unknown person, rather than in a specific person. Feel free to create the “man of your dreams.” You may surprise yourself with how inspiring this exercise can truly be if you allow yourself to get carried away in the possibilities!
This exercise is best performed on a Friday, the day sacred to the Goddess Venus, the Goddess of Love.
1. Begin by gathering a few pieces of paper (I prefer fancy/special paper), an envelope, and a red pen.
2. Formulate your ideas and intent for this love-drawing letter. Are you going to focus on a specific person, or on qualities you wish to find in a mate? Be very specific, and become clear on what it is you want in a relationship. Do you seek compassion? Financial support? A travel companion? Someone who speaks to you in poetic grace? A loving father? Fidelity? A racy night life? Someone to grow old with? Be completely honest with yourself. If you feel happiest in a relationship in which you are financially pampered, don’t be afraid to state that. The more honest you can be in identifying your qualities, the more honest, and therefore “real” this relationship will be.
3. Now identify the type of connection you desire. Do you want this person to fall in love with you instantly, or do you want to begin dating at a slow, comfortable pace? What will the dating frequency be? What will you be doing? Will there be instant fireworks of intimacy, or do you prefer to adhere to conservative values while refraining until marriage? Do you want him to eventually marry you? Will there be children? Monogamy or an open sexual relationship? Independence or codependence?
4. Next, it is time for you to focus on what you are going to offer to the relationship. What will you share in return to maintain a cosmic balance? Do you tend to be more selfish, or more giving? Now is not the time to falsify your qualities. If you are selfish and more withdrawn, you may attract someone with a demanding work schedule, someone who actually appreciates your independence.
Is this aspect of the exercise difficult for you in any way? Is it hard for you to be honest and unveil qualities in yourself that you may think are not admirable? Perhaps you may have not been as clear or honest about these qualities in previous, unsuccessful relationships. Identify any mixed emotions that surface about your personality and decide whether this is an aspect of you that you want to maintain, or something you elect to change.
5. After taking the appropriate time to properly identify the person you desire, how you will connect, and what you have to offer, it’s now time to write this person a letter. Don’t worry, you’re not going to actually mail it, but you are going to send it… energetically! Write the person you most desire a very sincere letter. You may even want to give them a name. Explain to them what you seek in them and how you perceive them to be. Continue by explaining how you would most like to connect or meet, and lastly, let them know what you will offer them in return. Sign your name as you magically seal the energy and powerful intent in this letter.
6. Place the letter in the envelope and seal it. Now you have several options for energetically sending this letter. Read it out loud, mail it without an address, leave it in a public place, bury it… Follow your heart, and select a method that seems most appropriate to you.
Who knows? Maybe among the thousands of people reading this exercise, there are two lonely souls, destined to meet, and by performing this exercise, (and a little help from the divine) they will be drawn together. Are you one of them?
Do you have a question for Marin? Ask Marin your question now.