Begin Your Transformation
Let me begin by saying you can be whatever, or whoever, you want to be. From the moment you came into this world, you’ve been equipped with all tools, traits, talents, and skills you need to live not just a life of success, but a life of inspiration. Some of us, over time, and through life’s hard knocks, have forgotten our potential and have placed any sense of inspired purpose on the backburner.
If this sounds like you, I have a simple fix: Begin your transformation by imagining yourself as you would like to be, doing what you would like to do. Should you find yourself frustrated and not sure how to get beyond your barriers, review this simple list, and keep reviewing it…
1. You deserve to live a fulfilling, inspired life. You deserve to know and live your inspired purpose
2. Since you are now aware of what you deserve, it’s time to get clear about where you are and where you want to go. Determine what you do want and what you don’t. Clarity is the key to success in all we do.
3. Be realistic in how you view yourself, opportunities for transition and progress as well as how others in your life see you, too. If you find yourself surrounded by people that believe in you, you’re in good shape. The other side of the coin is that you may find yourself barren of support in your endeavors for positive change. If so, it’s time to take inventory and either cut your losses or create new boundaries so that you can draw in the positive forces you need to move forward.
4. Once you have an idea of what you’d like to bring in and release from your life, it’s time to create the Big Plan. While big plans can be scary, they are simply a representation of all the parts and pieces of all within in. Make your plan attainable by breaking every single component down to the most achievable steps. Each success, no matter how small, will serve as the platform for those that follow.
5. If you hit a snag, or find yourself thinking of something different than what you initially desired, don’t be afraid to make a change of plans and revamp your goals. We are not static beings and in many ways, life-changing positive transitions are like college majors—most of us have more than one.
6. Remind yourself that everything in life is a process. 99 percent of the time when we feel like nothing is happening to carry us into the next step a million smaller things around us are being orchestrated to bring bits and pieces to us that help shape the desired end result.
You can’t be your best self when you’re free from being inspired, energized or lacking a sense of purpose. The lifestyles we create for ourselves are not always ones meant to last a lifetime. We grow, change and evolve, and our surroundings necessitate our lifestyles to reflect this fact, so it’s reasonable for us to be on board with positive change so we can live the inspired life we’re meant to. Too often, out of convention, tradition, or obligation we stagnate inside at our individual core, as we are living life for everyone else. This creates a life that feels lackluster, like something’s missing or even totally “wrong.”
You owe it to yourself to re-ignite your sense of purpose and inspiration so that you have the ability to fully experience every aspect of joy life has to offer. If you have trouble believing that it’s possible to live a more fulfilling life, it will not happen for you until you open up your scope. Believing in something or someone is the first step in bringing to fruition the best of whatever “it” is has to offer.
The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world’s joy. – Henry Ward Beecher