Is This a One-Sided Love Relationship?
You’ve met the most wonderful person in the world. The times you spend together are straight out of a love poem—full of depth, love, honesty and sensitivity. You’ve discussed your views about relationships and what makes them go bad, talked about loving and letting it be and even hinted on becoming exclusive someday. You think of little else and when you are apart you send little “Thinking of you” texts and they respond with “Thinking of you too.” No one’s ever made you feel so much in love. You know in your gut that this is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. But for some reason, the more you feel in love the less you feel loved, and the more you want closeness the more they distance themselves from you.
This is a sign of trouble! You love them more than they love you. When you love someone so much more than they love you, you set the stage for that person to reject you. It’s like putting pressure on someone to eat even though they are not hungry, and then you resent their inability to respond enthusiastically. Here is what you start to see and feel during the relationship:
Signs You Love Him More than He Loves You
1. You may have felt empty and unloved before you met them, but now you feel even emptier and unloved.
2. You want to talk to them every few hours and see them every few days but they can go for long periods of time without talking to or seeing you, and it doesn’t seem to bother them.
3. Your thoughts and feelings keep bouncing from “They love me so much” to “It’s all over and they won’t ever call again.”
4. You spend much of your day thinking about what you’ll say or do the next time you see them and how you’ll convince them that you are meant for each other.
5. They are extremely independent and it drives you nuts.
6. They make it seem like you could have sex with someone else and they wouldn’t care.
7. One moment you want to tell them that they’re unfair, selfish, insensitive, unmotivated, unpolished and boorish and then the next moment you are professing your desire for a committed relationship.
8. You live for their love and in moments of insecurity you put pressure on them to say or do something to reassure you that they are there to stay even though you know it’s the worst thing to do.
9. You feel like you are getting mixed signals from them and you probably are.
10. You think your relationship is in one place, while they think it is in another.
11. Their professional and social lives seem so full that you feel like there is hardly any room for you. You feel like an outsider and they aren’t making an effort to include you.
12. You’re scared that a little distance might end the relationship completely.
13. You have sex with them because you think that’s what they want. But sex doesn’t bring the two of you closer together. It only makes you feel used.
14. You are obsessed with trying to interpret, understand and clarify their every word and action.
15. You are constantly asking friends and family if they think they love you or not.
16. There is a part of you that wants them to leave you so you can regain your lost power and feel normal again, but the idea of being without them and alone frightens you.
Loving too much is a relationship killer. Loving someone so much more than they love you is one of the reasons why relationships end suddenly, abruptly and painfully. You will be left feeling shocked, betrayed and deeply hurt. Do your partners do the breaking up? It’s because you love them too much. It makes them feel suffocated and controlled. It puts them under a lot of pressure and it is a huge turnoff.
As a reader for California Psychics, I tell my clients that healing after a breakup takes a very long time and that some things have to end and it’s all for the best. Some of my clients aren’t ready to hear this when they call, even if it is the truth and even if they were miserable in the relationship. If you are ready to hear the truth and call with an open mind, I can help you understand and see that you are better off without them. I can help you learn to let go and start another wonderful, love journey with someone new.