In two minutes you can brush your teeth, take out the trash, get the weather report, or save your marriage. Sound impossible? It’s not. Here’s how: spend two quick minutes each day, or a couple of times a day, changing the way you react to things or slowing down to notice your partner’s value. Your relationship will be miles ahead of run-of-the-mill. Try these two-minute marriage-savers:
1. Morning ritual: A friendly “good morning” greeting. Share a kiss – not a quick peck, but a passionate kiss that leads to nothing but a good day.
2. Before dinner treat: Touch each other, close your eyes and do a two-minute meditation. Nothing helps digestion or love like diffusing the stress of a day.
3. Never go to sleep without a sweet kiss, a warm embrace, and two minutes of talking about things that made you both feel good today.
4. If you have an argument, sit facing each other, in chairs or on the floor. Hold hands and look into each other’s eyes for one minute. Close your eyes and breathe deeply for one minute. Now, for a minute or two, speak to each other as if you care about your partner’s needs.
5. Write a well-thought-out, positive observation about your spouse’s conduct or character and tape it to the bathroom mirror before you go to bed. In the morning, your partner’s day can’t help but start out beautifully.
6. Even if you’re stressed to the max, find two minutes to call your spouse and say, “I’m really busy, but I was thinking of you, and I love you.”
7. Do something outrageously sexy. Whisper something in her ear. Promise him something he’d never expect, but would adore. Keep your promise.
8. Instead of bickering about an old issue or sniping about a chore neglected, buck up and handle it yourself, just this once, without saying a word. Smile.
9. Spend two minutes on the phone organizing a special date that perfectly suits your partner’s personality.
10. Spend two minutes being silent when what you actually want to do is criticize, admonish, or set your partner straight. Let it go.
11. Send your man flowers. Share something with your woman that you usually reserve for guy-time.
It’s tough to keep a relationship flowing with that gorgeous rhythm and sexy undercurrent it had when it was new. But it takes so little effort to take a hum-drum couple and fire them up to warm romance, or maybe even steaming hot passion.
What do you think? Are these two-minute marriage savers worth your time?