A Supermoon for Super New Beginnings
The Gemini new moon on June 13 is the first of three new moon supermoons this summer. The next new moon supermoons follow on July 13 and August 11 and are both partial solar eclipses. What is a “supermoon” besides a word so fairly new that I had to add it to my Word dictionary? It’s a term used to describe when the Moon is in perigee to Earth, or within 224,000 miles/361,000 km of Earth which in astrological terms is pretty darn close. Unfortunately, since the June 13 supermoon is a new moon, it won’t be visible to the naked eye. However, that doesn’t mean it’s any less powerful than any phases of the Moon we can see. In fact, new moons are quite powerful and new moon supermoons can be even more powerful.
You can learn to harness the power of the Gemini new moon supermoon when you read with an astrology psychic!
Scientific New Moon Facts
To help you get “the picture” of how the phases of the Moon work, here’s a basic explanation: As the Earth rotates around the Sun, our Moon is also rotating around Earth. Earth rotates 365.25 times as it goes around the Sun. This is a solar year. The extra quarter is the reason we have a leap year every four years. A lunar month is 29.5 days long. That’s how long the moon takes to go from one new moon to the next new moon as it circles around Earth.
Phases of the Moon From Vantage Point Earth
From Earth, we see the Moon in the sky when sunlight reflects off of the Moon back to us here. The lunar cycle from our vantage point here on Earth is as follows:
- The new moon—we don’t see the Moon
- The (waxing) crescent—the Moon’s illumination grows; crescent-shaped
- The first-quarter Moon—a quarter of the way through the cycle
- The (waxing) gibbous. Gibbous refers to shape—derived from Latin meaning “hump”
- The Full Moon
- The (waning) gibbous—the illumination is lessened
- The third-quarter Moon—three-quarters of the way through the cycle
- The (waning) crescent—even less illumination; crescent-shaped
- The new moon—back to where it all started; the end/beginning of the lunar cycle
A new moon is powerful because it’s a conjunction of the Sun and Moon and the symbolism of the endings and beginnings they represent. Whenever we have a conjunction, the powers of both planets (except in this case, not planets) combine, making them super strong.
The New Moon in Gemini
The easiest way to anticipate the changes that are possible when we have a new moon in any sign is to study what that sign is about. Gemini itself represents communication—not just expressing ourselves, but also listening well, and making physical, social, and intuitive contacts. During this Gemini new moon supermoon, you may want to consider:
- Taking advantage of this very social occasion to widen your social circle.
- How you take in information/gossip and how you dish it out.
- Exploring things that interest you, like writing, speaking, and again, mastering your social media skills too.
- Expanding your thinking. Allow others’ opinions to meld with your own and learn new things about people, places, and beliefs too. Have an open mind.
- Taking short trips. Do something new. Go someplace you’ve never been. Expand your horizons, both figuratively and literally.
- Starting new projects and setting intentions. Plant the seeds for things you want to create or a goal you want to achieve. Nurture it and watch it grow. New moons are powerful because their energy lasts a good six months, and that calls for patience in order to see things fully manifest.
- Absorbing knowledge through all things, not just to learn, but to also pass information onto others—making you both the student and the teacher. Use your own skills of interpretation as well.
- Seeking balance. Gemini is a dual-energy sign, like Pisces. This can be a balance between thoughts and actions or anything you see in your life that could use more balance.
Lists like this work better than paragraphs for Gemini energy. That way, as you accomplish something, you can check it off.
Checking the Climate
Planetary influences are like tarot cards—you don’t just read one at a time. Instead, you read them all together to paint a broad picture, just like the weatherman checks the weather around the country to see how it influences your personal climate. The new moon supermoon in Gemini will be at an uncomfortable angle to Neptune in Pisces—a planet that’s about to turn retrograde on June 18, as it does every year around this time. That could cloud the thinking that’s being generated by the Gemini moon. If you’re unclear about something, it’s best to give it some thought for a few days until the angle changes. Stern Saturn (retrograde) in Capricorn and unpredictable Uranus in Taurus, however, will add to the Gemini’s power of persuasion. That could be fun!
Astrology plays an important role in your day-to-day life. The planets are responsible for your moods, experiences and more, which is why you should get a psychic astrology reading. Our astrology psychics can calculate your natal chart and tell you about the important dates in your life (past, present, and future) that will massively impact you.
Find an astrology psychic or learn more about astrology readings.
About California Psychics
California Psychics is the most trusted source of psychic readings. We have delivered over 6 million discreet and confidential psychic readings by phone since 1995. More than a prediction, we are your guide for life’s journey. Serenity, happiness, and success are just a phone call away. With over 400 psychics online to choose from, you’re sure to find the best psychics for you. Call one of our trusted and accurate psychics today! Confidential and secure, real psychics, accurate predictions, 100% guaranteed.