You meet a guy. There’s chemistry. You aren’t easily won over, but you can’t help it. It’s useless to resist him. You give into passion after he wins your trust, but then he seems to change towards you, and withdraws the sweet way he used to court you. Here are some warning signs it might be all about sex:
1. Overtexting: It’s short, it’s impersonal. If there are more than four exchanges, he should call you. If he doesn’t, he’s not looking for a relationship.
2. Ex-Factor: He told you the first time he met you that he’d just got out of a crappy relationship. At the time, you thought you wanted to comfort him, but she’s all he talks about… and then he sleeps with you.
3. Social Networking Dead Zone: You send him a Facebook request which he doesn’t accept. When asked, he says he’s too busy, and doesn’t have time for it. He’s not letting you in to his digital life, plain and simple.
4. Booty Call: He only calls you after 11, and only wants to drop by for one thing.
5. Early Meeting: He uses lame excuses like having an early meeting, so that he can never spend the night.
6. Missed Events: If he doesn’t show up to your parties or forgets to wish you happy birthday, he’s not in it for the long term.
7. Introductions: You run into friends of his, but he fails to introduce you to them (and yes, he addresses them by name).
8. Social Studies: He avoids any serious topics or long conversations unless they revolve around him and his job.
What warning signs would you add to the list?