We all know that males love their guy time – but lately, there may have been just a little too much of it for your taste. Sometimes it seems like your man likes his best friend just a little too much, and you feel like their bromance is intruding on your romance. Shake it off!
Would you rather have a guy like Paul Rudd’s character in I Love You, Man, who only gets along with women? (Leaving Paul Rudd’s adorable nature out of the equation.) Even the most secure woman would find that a little unnerving.
Here’s a few tips to keeping his bromance from effecting your relationship:
1. Agree to separate nights out so that the time apart is planned. You’re not stuck waiting for him because he decided to “just have one beer” with his best friend, and three hours later is nowhere to be seen.
2. Make a date with yourself! Take yourself on a date, go for a manicure/pedicure, play tennis with a friend or just curl up with a good book. The point is to do something you enjoy, but never seem to have time to do, like have sole control over the remote and watch a marathon of Desperate Housewives.
3. Plan a spa day with your girlfriends. Nothing will have you shaking off a weekend invasion of testosterone like a full day of pampering, relaxing and catching up with your female friends.
4. If you can’t beat them, why not join them and plan a BBQ? Plan some team activities like touch football. This allows him to still be competitive but include you in the ride.
5. Be a cheerleader! If you can’t take a weekly dose of sports watching, then leave some snacks for your man and his buddies before you dash out for the night. Your thoughtfulness will keep you in the room without you physically having to endure double overtime.
What are your favorite ways to deal with bromances?