It’s Over. Time to Let Go.
When you have already given so much patience, time and understanding to a lover, waiting for them to clear the obstacles that keep you from being together, there comes a point when you know in your mind it’s time to move on. But what if your heart isn’t willing to? It is a battle to stay connected, and a battle to cut that cord and move on. Days turn to months and months to years. What if they don’t ever change? You must take action based on what is happening now and not what you wish would happen.
Your future with another, more available mate is at risk! Think of the universe as if it’s an air traffic controller. When the universe views the space around your heart as occupied, it needs to be cleared in order for something else to come in for a landing. It’s time to clear the runway for a new arrival! Don’t let your heart stay shut down because you can’t cut the cord.
I’m going to share the tools I have taught and, hopefully, that will help you to get back on track to finding available love and a relationship. Remember, we can waste a lifetime waiting!
1. Are you willing to let them go? The answer must be “yes” for this to work.
2. Review the relationship. What was supposed to happen and when? How long have you been waiting? Write up a contract with yourself with all the reasons and facts that inspire change.
3. Set a deadline and what you expect to happen by that time. Write it into your contract, and on every calendar you own, plus tell your friends and loved ones that you have set that date as a deadline for the relationship to get healthy, or you will walk away.
4. Manage your thoughts! We can set ourselves up for failure if we do not manage the mind. Our inner child is the one who got us into this situation so watch out for those spontaneous actions that reopen doors you have closed and bring back thoughts that make you want to let them back into your heart when you’re working so very hard to get clear.
5. Switch mental gears and find a more positive thought. When you realize that you’re thinking about them again, you need to quickly switch gears, so have a quick pick list of five reasons you’re doing this and their positive results. When you think of them, or start to dwell on them, use the quick picks to change your thoughts in that moment!
Example: When you start to think of them, say this to yourself: “I am only doing this because I am lonely in this moment.” By stopping your thoughts about them, you create space in your life for a healthy relationship!
6. Know there is a future waiting for you. Start to take action to create more opportunities to meet and socialize. If you can change your thinking, you can change your life!