Make the Most of Your Summer
It’s that time of year again. The end of summer is quickly approaching, and the rest of the year is about to come knocking. It can be tempting to look ahead to the fall in anticipation of the new responsibilities, concerns, unknowns, and weather patterns that await.
However, while a little good old-fashioned preparation won’t hurt you, don’t forget to soak up the joyous energy associated with the end of summer! Summer doesn’t technically end until the Fall Equinox, which arrives on September 22 this year. Staying present and grounded during the end of summer will help you experience the full breadth of joy, relaxation, and enrichment that the season has to offer. This, in turn, better prepares you to navigate what the rest of the year has in store. Don’t end your summer before autumn actually arrives!
To make that process easier, here are some activities to
help you fully live out the end of summer!
Activities To Celebrate the End of Summer
- Go for one last picnic in the park. Summer is a great time to enjoy the sun and scenery. Pick a cozy spot in a local park, preferably with some shady areas if you live somewhere hot, then lay down a blanket, set out some snacks, and get your lounge on. Listen to the sounds of the park, enjoy people-watching, and take your time, indulging in summer’s sweet, slow pace. Soak up the end of summer and all the good things that come with it.
- Enjoy an outdoor movie night. Savor the outdoors after dark while it’s still warm enough for you to enjoy yourself without getting too bundled up! Visit your local drive-in, attend a community movie night in the park, or set up your own with a sheet and a projector in your backyard. Don’t forget blankets and snacks!
- Get in some final summer naps. There’s nothing like a warm, lazy summer afternoon. Give yourself at least a few luxurious hours to doze before you rejoin the hectic real world. Make it your mission to revel in the slow, sleepy warmth of a summer afternoon nap.
- Catch a museum exhibit! Use the end of summer as a reason to finally go to a museum exhibit. Maybe you just haven’t been to one in a bit, or maybe you are going to an exhibit that you’ve been wanting to see for a while. Either way, this is a great excuse to indulge in a fun, educational activity. Bring someone who will also get a kick out of it! Then get a sweet treat after to help you really relish the experience.
- Visit a farmer’s market and catch the end of summer harvest! Enjoying summer produce is a fantastic way to connect to the planetary offerings of summer. Take your family and friends and give one last hurrah for peaches, nectarines, and maybe watermelon, zucchini, and tomatoes — all the best that summer has to offer!
- Go for one last summer bike ride or hike. Getting outside and moving around in the warmth of the summer sun is a wonderful way to absorb that end-of-summer energy. Whether it’s just around your neighborhood or somewhere with an epic view, dust off your bike or your hiking shoes and get out there. Make one more beautiful summer memory in the great outdoors.
- Get some final summer reading in. The slow pace, relaxed schedule, and abundance of warmth make summer a great time for reading. At the end of summer, see if you can squeeze in one more book by the pool or at the beach before it starts to get cold again. Bonus points if you read something that brings you joy!
- Board game tournament. While schedules still allow, spend an afternoon playing with the people you love! Break out those games that have been collecting dust on your shelf, get your family and/or your friends, and get a good old-fashioned board game tournament going! You can get serious about it and build a bracket, or you can take the more relaxed approach and just play a few games in a row. Either way, you’re sure to enjoy some laughs and build another summer memory.
Let Yourself Savor the End of Summer
Most people spend a lot of time rushing from one activity to the next, rarely pausing to soak in the precious gift that is the present moment. Summer is a season of abundance and celebration. It’s about things coming to fruition. The excitement of all the different possibilities thrums in the air, and the world is abuzz with life! Just as every other season in the yearly cycle is important, summer is meant to be enjoyed and experienced in full.
At the end of summer, do your best to quiet that inner urgency, and put a pause on your desire to look ahead. Hold yourself in the present moment. Savor the sun, joy, and sweetness. Breathe these last moments in completely, before fall arrives. After all, you’ll have to wait a whole year to get that summer feeling again.
Want to build a better future? A Life Path Reading with one of our talented Life Path Psychics can tell you where you’re headed. A Life Path Psychic can help you find what you love so you can love what you do. And if you don’t like where you’re headed, your Life Path Psychic can steer you down a better path. Learn more about our psychics from real testimonials and read through our Destiny & Life Path Blog. For more insight about your destiny & your astrological chart, get your free birth chart report today.
About California Psychics:
California Psychics is the most trusted source of psychic readings. We have delivered over 11 million discreet and confidential psychic readings by phone since 1995. More than a prediction, we are your guide for life’s journey. Learn more about how psychic readings work and explore the California Psychics blog. With over 500 psychics online to choose from with real customer reviews, you’re sure to find the best psychics for you. Call one of our trusted and accurate psychics today! Confidential and secure, real psychics, accurate predictions, 100% guaranteed.