Shan in Australia writes:
I have had a married man under my skin for the last two years but can’t seem to shake him off. Whenever I say “enough” and try to move on, I get moments of synchronicity that send me a reminder and slide him back under my skin again. How can I get over him once and for all and move on – and are the moments of synchronicity just wishful thinking?
Psychic Marin ext. 5113‘s response:
We often form attachments with people that are energetic in nature, and therefore invisible to the naked eye. Fortunately, the psychics at California Psychics can “see” these energetic connections and can help describe any existing connections or cords which you may have.
Your behavior may be influenced or controlled by the person you are corded to. You may be easily manipulated, depressed, stuck, suffer from low energy levels or simply feel yucky when thinking about the other person. Energetic cords are not restricted by distance or time, so you could be affected by a connection with a person who is far away, someone from childhood, or a person who is no longer living. Shedding some insight on whether it is a healthy nurturing connection, or a depleting connection can help identify if it is time to literally pull the plug!
For situations like the one you described, I suggest an energetic cord cutting exercise to separate you from the energy that was once shared with this person, doing this in the most loving way possible to bring peace to each of you as you separate.
1) Visualize the person to whom you find that there is an energetic attachment, and see the cord that exists between you.
2) Take note of the size, thickness/thinness or material that makes up the cord. Is it solid, and perhaps it will require a little more energy to remove, or is it barely a thread, and a simple “snip” will set you free?
3) Identifying what the cord looks like will offer information about the type of connection that exists between you and the other person. Energetic cords can appear like an umbilical cord, or even an electrical cord with a plug at the end. Is the cord glowing in neon? A link of chains?
4) Why do you think this type of cord was formed, and how did you play a part in allowing it to form in this manner? (I have even experienced sticky tar-like cords that can become a mess to deal with, requiring extra patience and energy to completely sever the connection).
5) Before making the final separation, take a moment to honor the relationship by recognizing how it influenced your life. Take note of the lessons you learned. What are you freeing yourself from, and what have you overcome?
6) Now either cut with scissors, unplug, use bolt cutters, or tear the cord that separates you as you continue to send love while performing the separation. The key to the success of the separation will be in you sending love, which acts almost like a band-aid to cover the wound or separation. If you feel that cutting your cord has left spaces in your energy field, then visualize those spaces being filled with healing white light.
7) It is not uncommon that shortly after an energetic cord-cutting experience and separation that the person on the other end senses a sudden feeling of “loss” and may reach out to you. You may get a phone call, text message, or “randomly” see this person. The more love you energetically send upon the time of separation, the more you can minimize the potential for a reconnection.
Energetic cords are an open channel for communication between you and another person through which emotions and energy flow, often without your conscious knowledge. Cutting an energetic cord can separate your from unnecessary attachments, and set yourself free from the ties that bind.
Marin ext. 5113