Don’t Get Sucked in to a Misunderstanding!
I’m guilty of it—texting a very serious question, texting to break up, texting an angry message and texting a sexy pic. We all know not to communicate these things through a text message, but we often cannot help ourselves. Waiting for a phone call or face-to-face time can take what feels like ages. With that said, try to resist the urge to text something that is better left un-texted. Here are 25 ways to avoid virtual miscommunication:
1. Realize that the meaning and tone of texts can easily be lost in translation. What is texted often does not reflect exactly what is meant. Read texts with a grain of salt.
2. Write what you want to text in a notepad first, and then refer back to it later to tell the person directly.
3. Look online at all the funny and disastrous texts gone wrong as a lesson not to repeat those same mistakes.
4. Can’t resist? Disable your texting or place a low maximum text allowance.
5. Ask a friend to approve a serious text before sending.
6. Recognize that texts have a tone AND an undertone. Make sure both communicate what you want to say.
7. Keep your texting light. Resist over-texting. Wait for replies before you send more messages.
8. Hold off a few minutes before pressing the send button. Let your message resonant for a moment in case you wish to change anything.
“Being honest with ourselves about our own relationship with money allows us to stand back and gain more clarity when it comes to money issues with our partner.” – Psychic Quinn ext. 5484
9. If you have an iPhone, enable the “Read” feature so people know when you read their texts. This way, they don’t think you are avoiding them.
10. Put your phone down. Stop letting your life revolve around texting.
11. Make phone calls more often.
12. Make plans to see people more often.
13. Send an email instead of a text. Emails allow you to add more details and explanation in a more relaxed setting. It is more formal too, like a letter.
14. Apologize immediately in person after sending a mean or inappropriate text. Admit your texting mistakes.
15. Send fun texts. Keep it enjoyable.
16. Do not put your full name on texts just in case they get inadvertently shared.
17. Turn off your phone and leave it in your purse, in the car or at home. Not everybody has to know what you are doing at all times.
Make your committed relationship a sexy relationship. Psychic Karmystic ext. 9457 wants to tell you how to date your partner.
18. Do not text exes unless absolutely necessary. I recommend deleting their number all together or write “Do Not Answer” instead of their names.
19. Show your partner your texts, or at least don’t hide texts. It looks suspicious.
20. Do not save texts. Delete them and clear your cache. You would not want your messages to fall into the wrong hands.
21. Less is more. Keep your texts shorter and sweeter.
22. Proofread and edit your texts before sending.
23. Be careful about AutoCorrect. Reread what you wrote to make sure it is accurate. AutoCorrect can make some pretty heinous and/or hilarious mistakes. Check your settings from time to time.
24. Make sure you know when you are replying to a group text in order to avoid sharing too much information.
25. Do not text when you are in a bad mood. Cool off and take deep breaths before bringing out your phone. Send logical texts, not emotional ones.
Hopefully, these insights about texting have made you reevaluate your etiquette. Thought it only takes a few seconds to send a text, that text can have long-term ramifications. Be more careful and calculated about what you send because there are no take-backs—only ways to avoid miscommunication in the first place. Call a psychic if you think you have a texting problem. They can offer individualized guidance on how to make texting a more positive experience for you.
Are you with the one you’re meant to be with forever? Get a reading from Psychic Venus ext. 9463 and find out!