Discuss Finances: Yours, Mine and Ours
Do you and your partner discuss finances? Surprisingly, talking about money with a partner makes many people uncomfortable. But, disagreements about finances are one of the leading causes of breakups and divorce! So, you need to talk about your money. It’s one part of having a healthy and lasting romantic relationship.
Call Psychic Gillian ext. 5603 for a detailed relationship reading!
If you’re getting serious with someone, it’s time to discuss finances. Here’s what you need to know about each other:
1. Your incomes—How much you both make before and after taxes. Are you both able to save money?
2. Your bills—cars, mortgage, rent, student loans, utilities, education expenses and debts. Which one will you share?
3. Your obligations. Do either of you support elderly parents, siblings, children or ex-spouses? Is the support temporary or ongoing? Can either of you foresee a change? Will you have to spend more or spend less on them in the future?
4. Your spending habits. Who’s the saver and who’s the spender? Can the spender get comfortable with saving?
5. Your credit scores. What are they and could they affect major purchases down the road? What can you do to improve them?
6. Your future plans involving money—going back to school, buying property, having children, ailing parents, retirement, etc. Are you on the same page?
Do not assume anything or take anything for granted!
Representing Yourself Honestly
Sometimes during the early stages of a courtship, people aren’t honest with each other. They may hide certain things about their finances or talk about a future they don’t intend to have, just to impress someone. People can exaggerate. Also, their wants, desires and priorities may change. That’s why it’s important to check in and discuss finances from time to time. You need to make sure you’re on the same page.
Write it Down
Write your goals down. Talk about where you see yourselves in the next year or decade. Include steps to ensure those goals or milestones happen. For example, if you want to buy a house, make a list of what you need to do to make it affordable. If you want to have a baby, think about what you need to do financially and health-wise to make that happen. There are no right or wrong goals. What matters is that you and your partner have the same goals!
I have been a professional psychic for many years and I get a lot of calls about this delicate issue. Trust me, there’s nothing good about being left in the dark when it comes to your partner’s financials. If you’re going to commit to spending your life together, you need to discuss finances. And if you need help starting the discussion, I’d be glad to assist you. I’m only a phone call away!
Psychic Gillian ext. 5603