A Cosmic Upheaval
Just over six weeks into the new year comes the first commiseration-worthy cosmic event of 2020: Mercury Retrograde. From February 17 to March 10 we’ll all feel the effects of Mercury retrograde in Pisces and Aquarius, which can be a particularly challenging time. Water signs are notoriously associated with feelings, confusion, and imagination, meaning that this Mercury Retrograde will bring not just the potential for misunderstanding but also more reactivity and emotions. Here’s how to get through it—and—dare we say—come out the other side thriving.
- Don’t Make Major Life Decisions on the Fly – As with any Mercury Retrograde, this is not the time to move to a new city, quit your job, start your dream business, the list goes on. Not only can logistical hang-ups curb even the best laid plans, but you may not be in the ideal frame of mind to upend your whole life or to really enjoy whatever goal you’ve been hoping to cross off your bucket list. Use this time to dream and plan but not to act…yet.
- Pamper Your Relationships – Mercury retrograde messes with communication, meaning that even when you think you have communicated clearly, the other party may not have understood you clearly, or even heard you. This could cause misunderstandings, and even massive fights between partners. Don’t take these fights to the extreme by ending your relationship though, its just Mercury retrograde messing with your emotions and understanding. In the same vein though, it’s not wise to begin a new relationship or get engaged either. Mercury retrograde’s ability to muddy the waters can affect all kinds of relationship communications. When it comes to relationship decisions, it’s best to just wait till Mercury goes direct again.
- Limit Digital Communication – Mercury Retrograde is characterized by misunderstanding. So, if you need to have an important conversation with a loved one, get your point across to someone at work, or communicate anything critical, you’re better off doing it in person. Texts and emails can be misconstrued, or even lost during this challenging cosmic time. If you can’t speak face-to-face, pick up the phone. Your relationships will be stronger as a result.
- Double Check Anything in Writing – If you do need to communicate with email, text, or a written document, read it again (and again!) before you send (or sign) anything. Reading it out loud will help you really make sure that you’ve caught everything that needs your attention. Sure, it may be simpler to just blame Mercury Retrograde if you miss something or if something you write gets misconstrued, but it’s far better for your peace of mind to take your time and make sure everything is in order.
- Think Twice About Your Travel Plans – Mercury retrograde is not a good time to make any rash decisions, and that includes that last minute trip that you’re ready to book. This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t travel during Mercury retrograde, it just means that any trips you take during this time should have a bit of extra care and planning behind them than usual. Since Mercury retrograde tends to mess with communication and technology, two very important components of traveling, you should always aim for earlier rather than later. Do as much research as you can about where you are going as well, so that you aren’t scrambling for a good restaurant when you arrive at your destination, tired and hungry. Most importantly, have plenty of patience for any upsets and delays that may occur.
- Use this Time to Reflect and Grow – Bust out your journal and take advantage of the welling up of emotion you might feel during this time. Analyze your feelings for patterns and how they can lead to reactive actions. Listen to the voice in your head and try to understand if it’s really serving you—or if it’s actually pushing you in a less-than-helpful direction. Since your feelings may be all over the place right now, you may as well use this time to understand them better rather than fight them.
- Slow Down – Speaking of taking your time, use this season as an excuse to slow down. Don’t rush through your errands (or your emails!). Give yourself time to eat, relax, catch up with a friend, workout—whatever it is you need. Soak up each activity so you can really see the present moment in front of you. It’s harder to feel out of sorts when your mind and body are more relaxed. Taking the time to slow down will keep you from making impulsive decisions and allow you to see what you can make room for in your life.
Keep Your Head Up
Mercury retrograde can be a frightening and upsetting time, but fortunately, it doesn’t last a long time. Mercury will go direct again on March 10 and won’t go retrograde again until the middle of June. So, proofread your texts, buy a journal, and get ready to have some actual conversations with the people you love, and maybe a few strangers as well, and you’ll come through Mercury retrograde none the worse for wear.
Tell us about your Mercury retrograde experiences in the comments.
Astrology plays an important role in your day-to-day life. The planets are responsible for your moods, experiences and more, which is why you should get a psychic astrology reading. Our astrology psychics can calculate your natal chart and tell you about the important dates in your life (past, present, and future) that will massively impact you.
Find an astrology psychic or learn more about astrology readings.
About California Psychics
California Psychics is the most trusted source of psychic readings. We have delivered over 6 million discreet and confidential psychic readings by phone since 1995. More than a prediction, we are your guide for life’s journey. Serenity, happiness, and success are just a phone call away. With over 400 psychics online to choose from, you’re sure to find the best psychics for you. Call one of our trusted and accurate psychics today! Confidential and secure, real psychics, accurate predictions, 100% guaranteed.